Get started with Robotics at Clarendon College
Clarendon College is the oldest institution of higher education in the Texas Panhandle, having been established in 1898 by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The College was successfully administered by the church through the first quarter of the 20th Century. The original college was moved to Abilene and became McMurry University. The Clarendon Independent School Board purchased the college property and Clarendon College was re-established in 1927 as a non-sectarian junior college. It is maintained, in part, by property taxes in the Clarendon College District (Donley County). The College was recognized by the Texas Education Agency and the Association of Texas Colleges and Universities in 1927. The College separated from the school district and moved to its present location in 1968. Clarendon College now operates from a beautiful 107-acre campus on the west edge of Clarendon. Eight counties comprise the College’s service area. Clarendon College is one of the 50 state–assisted community colleges in the Texas system.